YETT Youth Leadership Development Course - Winter School 2018
The Youth Empowerment and Transformation Trust (YETT) is looking to develop the capacity of young leaders aged 18 to 25 years who have an interest in youth development. The YETT Leadership Development Winter School is a flagship-training program for YETT which started in 2005 with the aim of building youth leaders for Zimbabwe.
- Youth personal development and capacity strengthening- The winter school is developed to strengthen the personal capacity of youth leaders who participate.
- Promoting Youth Development: Increasing knowledge and understanding of youth development principles and practices among youth and youth-serving organisations; and
- Professionalising the Field of Youth Development: Strengthening the youth development field by supporting learning and disseminating best practice knowledge.
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Age (18-25)
- Demonstrated commitment to positively impact their communities, organizations and the country
- Proven experience and track record of leading community initiatives and civic work including volunteering
- A Zimbabwean citizen
- Ability to commit to a two-week residential training program
- English language proficiency (The primary language of instruction is English)
The program encourages applications from:
- Rural based and economically disadvantaged young leaders;
- Young leaders with disabilities;
- Young People who are HIV positive; and
- Other minority groups.
There is no fee to apply for or participate on the program. Successful applicants will be provided transportation to the program, lodging, meals, and course materials. Any other costs will be at the participant’s expense.
To apply for the 2018 Winter school, complete the application form below and email to, firstname.lastname@example.org Hard copy applications and reference forms can be posted to 7 Capri Road , Highlands, Harare.
Please note that the deadline for submissions is by close of business on 30th July 2018.
Winter school alumni from previous years (2005- 2017) are not eligible to apply for this year’s winter school.
For enquiries contact Tafadzwa or Clinton on 04 -496 889 mobile/WhatsApp 0775320238, 0719679635 or email
Download the Application and Reference forms below
YETT in partnership with the Institute of Peace Leadership and Governance (IPLG) at Africa University, following consultations with players in youth development, designed a Youth Leadership and Development Training commonly known as the Winter School tailor-made to meet the specific needs of these youth groups. The YETT leadership course has been in place since 2005 and is being enhanced through the addition of new challenges and activities.
YETT has since 2005 trained 175 young people from all the ten provinces of Zimbabwe. YETT draws its Winter School participants from YETT partner youth organizations from across the ten provinces of Zimbabwe.
The course enhances the capacity of these young leaders with courses ranging from team building, leadership, entrepreneurship, spirituality, gender mainstreaming, building personal portfolio, environment, culture and HIV and AIDS among others. The course content is tailor made to meet the contemporary challenges of youths in Zimbabwe and provide for the much needed capacity that can make them influence positive change in their communities.